Malu Trevejo: biography
María Luisa "Malu" Trevejo (mostly known as just Malu Trevejo) is an American Internet star from Cuba. Initially, the young celebrity came to prominence due to Instagram where she has more than 5 million followers, and due to Musical.ly – there more than 2 million fans watch her videos. Later she dedicated herself to a professional singing career. In Social Media, she regularly publishes quality content and interacts with her audience – what’s why her popularity is rising every day more and more.
Malu Trevejo was born in Havana, Cuba on October 15, 2002, to the family of a Cuban mother and Spanish father.
Her father's name is unknown, but he is active on Instagram to support his daughter’s dreams. Once he appeared in one of her first posts. The tall, bald-headed man was talking to beauty and even grabbed her butt to check if it is real (which caused the wave of criticism from Malu’s fans).
The girl told that her father comes from Spain. As for now, he is 63. Malu’s father divorced from her mother, but he still stays in touch with his sweet girl.
In the very infancy, Malu moved to Madrid with her parents – there she passed 12 years. Later she changed the place of living again – she alongside her mom moved to Miami. There Trevejo became interested in having her page in Social Media, communicating with other people and sharing pictures.
So, she managed to get a significant audience on her account at an early age. There the girl tried to visit a local school, but bullying prevented her from making friends with her classmates. So, she doesn’t attend school – she studies the school program at home.
On September 22, 2017, Trevejo’s debut project was released – a single «Luna Llena» alongside Universal Music Latin. The Fliptones helped in its production. The Filptones are multi-platinum American record producers and songwriters that consists of Chaz Mishan and David Delazyn. The track’s video gathered more than 30 million views on YouTube in the first seven weeks. Now it has more than 50 million views. «Luna Llena» debuted on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart at 27 and sold over 2,000 downloads at the time.
Shortly after she pleased her fans by publishing one more song – «En Mi Mente» – which now has more than 10 million views on YouTube.
In April 2018 Malu collaborated with English pop-singer HRVY. Together they released a single «Hasta Luego» – its video has got more than 20 million views.
2019 was marked by Trevejo’s new singles «Nadie Como Yo» recorded with Gente de Zona and «Como Tú Me Quieres.»
On July 12, 2017, Trevejo started her own YouTube Channel. Malu is fond of dancing and singing, and she is sharing all her talents in her vlogs. Malu has a number of topics she is interested in. She dresses up and speaks about fashion; she dances and shows new movements. She sings together with her favorite artists by their music on Musical.ly and does a lot of other incredible things. The young and talented lady is accumulating her fame by various styles of performing.
She charms her fans because she is generous, open-hearted, and frank. She openly speaks about her love affairs, relationship, and gives smart advice. Trevejo shares her pictures without makeup, in sexy outlooks: dresses and jeans.
Trevejo’s net worth is evaluated at $100,000.
As for now, Malu Trevejo is single. In one of her Q&A videos she told, that she has already dated with three boyfriends. At least one of them was popular enough to be mentioned. It is NBA YoungBoy, and he is a popular rapper. His real name is Kentrell DeSean Gaulden.
Kentrell and Malu started dating in February 2017. Then Malu posted the video with her loved one and shared with her fans the info about her new relationship. They have been dating for a couple of months only. After that, Malu announced their separation and accused Kentrell in cheating her and in forcing her to start an intimate relationship.
- Malu Trevejo has big dreams of becoming a TV actress after moving to LA. She hopes to attend acting lessons.
- Trevejo’s hair is not curly naturally. She makes it curl, just having a shower and leaving her head uncombed.
- In her interview with the Univision, Malu Trevejo told, that she didn’t know any secret of popularity. According to her, she just does what she likes – dances twerking and sings. But according to her haters, Malu gained recognition as Danielle Bregoli's (@catch_me_outside_girl) rival. Two teen girls posted their feud video online, and it caused a wave of attention to then unknown Malu. Many Bregoli fans named Trevejo as an attention seeker.
- Malu Trevejo dreams of recording a song with Jennifer Lopez one day.
- Trevejo is often compared to 13-year-old Internet celebrity Lucia Bellido. They have the same content and sometimes accuse each other of plagiarism.
- The girl and her mother plan to move to LA soon to give Malu Trevejo an opportunity to develop her music career.
- Malu Trevejo currently lives with her parents in Miami, Florida.
- The young star often experiments with her appearance – so, she has changed several haircuts. She has had braids, long hair, and short hair.
- In her vlogs, Malu likes parodying famous people or characters. So, she is known for dressing up like Dora the Explorer – a character of the cartoon.
- She was included in the 2018 Latin Artists to Watch list.
- Trevejo often collaborates with other Internet stars. For example, recently, she has made a live with Zion.
- A big JLo fan, she would love to record a duet with the Latina icon. At speed she is rising, that dream might not be far off for Trevejo, who signed with label In-Tu Línea, a division of Universal Music Latino, in June.
- Her mom Denia Petterssen is also active on Instagram under @ _oshun_leti_ username. It seems that Mrs. Trevejo gives her daughter complete freedom because she doesn’t follow Malu’s internet activity and doesn’t recommend her to do or not to do something.
- Luna Llena (2017);
- En Mi Mente (2017);
- Hasta Luego (2018);
- Nadie Como Yo (2019).