Karrueche Tran: biography
American model and actress Karrueche Tran is famous worldwide for her attractive appearance and talent for acting. She came to prominence after starring in the web series The Bay. Its high time for us to know more of her bio!
The star was born on May 17, 1988, in Los Angeles, California. Due to her parents, Tran is of mixed nationality: her mother Cindy Adamson is Vietnamese, a father DeVon Minters is of African-American ethnicity and grandmother is from Jamaica. Initially, she studied at Fairfax High School. Amongst its students there were such famous people as Flea and Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, author James Ellroy, Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash, Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney, and inventor Daniel Thompson (he invented the machine that allowed for the mass production of bagels).
Later Karrueche had to enroll in Birmingham High School. Karrueche then decided to continue her studies at Pierce College from where she graduated with a degree in graphic design.
When Ms. Tran was in her middle school years, she discovered that her father was a gay. That’s why she was so impressed, when she heard Caitlyn Jenner's transgender story. But she is really close with her dad and spends a lot of time with him. Paparazzi catch them, having dinner in lavish places from time to time.
Karrueche has a younger brother – he is one of her best friends. The girl quite often parties with her only sibling (although she has lots of cousins). Ray leads life of a typical teenager – he likes sports, visits football matches and travels a lot. He is proud of his big family (once he uploaded a picture with all his relatives on Instagram).
At the beginning of her career, Tran was a personal shopper at Nordstrom located at the Westfield Topanga mall in Canoga Park, CA. Then she was invited to work as a free-lance celebrity stylist in Hollywood. However, she gained the popularity after she announced a relationship with R&B artist, Chris Brown.
That time Tran took part in many hot photo shoots. For example, the magazines Vibe, Rolling Out, and Annex published her on their covers. Moreover, she elaborated her own line of clothes – The Kill.
In 2014 Tran’s pictures were published in the photo book Love West Coast Girls by Mike Miller. The same year, she was a host of the BET Awards red carpet and multiple events during the official BET Weekend, the BET show 106 & Park, Tran's TV One movie, and The Fright Nite Files.
The next year, the model starred in the Spring/Summer lookbook for French-based athletic brand Le Coq Sportif, in Rolling Out, Flaunt Magazine, Ouch Magazine, The Hundreds, Cliche Magazine, Bleu Magazine and Annex Magazine. She subsequently signed a contract with Wilhelmina Models LA.
From 2013 to 2016 Karrueche acted as Vivian Johnson in the Emmy award-winning web series The Bay. Following this, Tran was nominated for ''Indie Series Award'' for Best Supporting Actress. Her outstanding performance led her to various television series, The Dead Diaries, Single Ladies, Truth be Told and so on.
In summer 2015, viewers of the film 3-Headed Shark Attack could see Tran among its actors. Also, the actress got a role in the movie PrXde. Moreover, Karrueche acted as Vanessa Ivy in the fashion web series by StyleHaul titled Vanity.
She took part in such movies as A Weekend with the Family, The Nice Guys and Only for One Night. In the latter, her character was Chloe, a married woman with family problems.
In 2017 Tran began working in the TNT Claws. Its plot is about five manicurists working at the Nail Artisan of Manatee County salon in South Florida.
The star’s net worth is evaluated at $900 thousand.
In 2010 the woman began a relationship with music star Chris Brown. Several months later they broke up as Brown returned to his ex-girlfriend, Rihanna.
Tran and Brown reconciled again but split up in March 2015 when Chris announced he had a daughter Royalty, with Nia Guzman. In 2017 Tran filled for a 100-yard restriction order against her ex-boyfriend, having accused him of abuse. According to the news, this restriction is permanent, aimed to protect her family from Chris.
In the documents, she claimed physical abuse began "years ago," when he allegedly punched her in the stomach and pushed her down the stairs. In the initial filing, she wanted to extend the protective order to her mother and younger brother as she did not want to put them "at risk."
During the hearing, two voicemails Brown left for Tran were played, in which he spouted off curse words, threats and angry and offensive remarks to Tran about rings he had gifted her and wanted back. In text messages from Brown submitted as evidence, he threatened to "beat the shit" out of her, claimed he would make her hate him "even more" if they were in the same place in public and told her that if she's his enemy, he "won't hold back so stay in your place."
In another text message, he wrote,
"I want my motherf--king rings back, or I'm going to hurt your limbs."
During their brief split in between, Tran dated basketball player John Wall from 2012- 2013. The couple started their beautiful relationship since 2012, however, separated after a year.
Also she has been known to have an affair with Ray J, Rob Kardashian, and Netherlands football player Memphis Dupay. The couple began their relationship since 2015, and they separated within a couple of months.
Later Karrueche had a relationship with rapper Quavo. The speculation of their dating started since April 2017 after the two were caught leaving a Migos concert together in the same car where they appeared to be hugging. The Claws actress hasn't commented anything about her presence at the show, but the reporters confirmed that she went to cheer her rumored boyfriend.
The fuel was added to the rumor after the two appeared together in public again after yet another Migos concert. Tran and Quavo were also pictured together at Story Nightclub during the rapper's performance. Several witnesses snapped Tran supporting Quavo during his performance.
Now Tran is dating American footballer, Victor Cruz. Once Chris Brown said about the couple: "They look really good together." Interestingly, Cruz has a daughter of his ex-fiance, Elaina Watley.
- Karrueche Tran participated in the Symphonic Love Foundation HIV/AIDS walk in L.A. Tran, and her friends took pictures and spread the message of support on social media.
- Tran’s eyes are black.
- The star has several tattoos over her body.
- Her body measurements are 32B-24-35.
- She revealed in an interview with Gossip Cop that she’s double-jointed. In another interview, Tran admitted that she has a rather large belly button, large enough, in fact, to be able to place a quarter inside it. Tran also has one thing that drives her up the wall, “the sound of clinking silverware makes me want to scream.”
- The woman likes a nice trimmed beard. Not much and not too little. Grooming is very important! Fresh and clean haircuts seem sexy to Tran.
- Karrueche loves men in raw denim.
- She is only 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighs approximately 100 pounds.
- In addition to her status of an aspiring actress and fashion star, she is also an Instagram girl with more than 8 million of followers. Besides, Karrueche founded a YouTube channel in 2011, where she shares her TV show news, makeup tips and workout routine. The girl boasts with 350k+ subscribers.
- In one of her interviews the girl told, that acting is a special and a bit therapeutic experience for her. She is a very private person and demonstrating her emotions is not so easy for her. She works with an acting coach to do it easy and naturally. Unlike many other actors, who started to play at a childhood age, Ms. Tran gave a chance to this profession at the age of 26. But she really likes what she is doing.
- Her favorite perfumes are Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb and Tom Ford Velvet Orchid
- 3-Headed Shark Attack (2015);
- PrXde (2015);
- A Weekend with the Family (2016);
- The Nice Guys (2016);
- Only for One Night (2016);
- Welcome to Willits (2016);
- Never Heard (2018);
- The Honor List (2018).
- Daytime Emmy Awards (2016);
- Burbank International Film Festival (2016);
- HollyWeb Festival (2016);
- Indie Series Award (2016,2017).